Now, a trip

Planning a trip like I have never before, I wonder at the absurdity of the very proposal that I made to enable and encash this idea. A month is a long or very short period of time, whichever way you look at it and I see as both. For I may meet a lot of people but not really get down to those old days of yore. It is ridiculous for me to imagine that such a trip will enable fulfillement of my desired objectives... But then since when have i started walking and talking about objectives. that is for the them to do who have their hands filled and stomachs empty... and though it seems supercilious, I am not very interested in proving to myself that I am doing so and so for this particular reason. It is just that the idea was brewing for a month and a month's holiday needs some help in preparation and so I am preparing.

I have a lot of ideas, but would do more with yours too. Maybe, a trip to Leh would not be possible for the snow would't have reduced. Dehra dun could be an option but then what to do there aftyer having stayed for so long. Chandigarh, I will definitely go, it being my alma mater and my personal space in land, where I was the best possible form that I could ever hope to achieve. Mumbai, I will go to meet my ailing aunt and all the other relatives who are there, especially bhaiya and nishi... so lets say about 7 days there including travel time. From Mumbai, i would love to make a visit to some parts of Rajasthan or maybe not. We can decide later.... Delhi would defintely take a week, for I would be resting and getting my clothes washed at my aunt's house and then making trips to see atleast 5 of my old friends. From Delhi to Chandigarh and about 4 days there, alone and with the rest of the world too.. meeting Prady, Rawat and the rest and then being with myself in the one town that was good to me. Chandigarh to Solan, for some days and then to Manali. the idea is to make Manali my base and take a bike to Leh... drive to Leh if the snow allows. Thereon, I am not very clear but the idea is that it must be a trip without reason or compulsion and neither of expectations nor desires... just seeing and moving and feeling the world at the pace it is meant to be filled.

Comments

Popular Posts