"Jack of all, Master of Myself"

Jack of all, master of none.... that is what we heard since we left the cerelac and moved to eating round soft rotis from dear mom's warm hands.... never be a jack of all because you will never be a master of anything....

22 or more years have passed and I still ponder over this earliest of wisdoms that I was exposed to. I remember that after playing for too long, the first thing I heard when I came home was again that I am putting too much attention into games and less into studies..... Be a jack in your studies and not games - my genial neighbours told me.... An it went on and on and on often..... Through school and college days, jack of all were regarded as slightly lower in the rung as compared to the super specialized IITians, though some of them are seriously way above the league in their being jack of all on earth... Those are the very best in the nation.... gems...

But back to this experience that was brewing in my mind for several years now and it fruited while in college when me and friends jumped into quizzing, theatre, debates, writing and so so many things... the list goes on. For three years, doing so many varied things and doing pretty well in them opened my eyes to much beyond than finding a career... career is fine but one must be able to do tings in his own unique style as well as do them well.... So Jack of all, master of none slowly turned to "Jack of all, master of myself". This principle has ben the defining way of life of several people who have walked the path with me or without, but they have been masters. May not have been good in quiz but were champs in plays, may be stage shy but woould debate with fervour.... Those bunch of several guys taught me that as long as one ensures that he is the master of his feelings, attitudes, surroundings and more, he is unique.....

Whats Happening