A Day of Solitude by the forest

Just as the morning mist started to disappear and the jacket was taken off, the forest began to come alive. It is a small forest where I live, small but protected, ensuring that all beings can live their days in peace from depredation. The forest where I live may have a number of planted species, but the silence when within it never fails to impress me.

Today, was one of those of days when I was blessed to have an occasion to sit with the forest in total solitude, and what an experience it was. Birds chirping for as far as one could imagine and nobody around. A book in my handed, a book about the forests, Folded Earth, and I sat for long. Occasional phone calls altered the rhythm, I grew thirsty once and had to come back to civilization for a glass of water, but the silence kept calling me back and I sat in peace. After long, the peace that is not searched but comes to you naturally, I was blessed this morning.

Comments

Popular Posts