Bangalore Traffic

Frigging Bangalore traffic man!!!

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine landing at the heart of the Bangalore traffic man....... As I heard someone saying what's wrong with Bangalore traffic - It bloody goes this way in the morning and frigging comes back the other way in the evening...The whole, entire goddamned traffic.. It is as if you either go towards majestic in the morning and return to Yelahanka in the evening.. Does the entire city live there or what....

The palace grounds are the stomping grounds for zillions of motorcyclists and activa-ists who with a practised ease jump into a dusty road and drive with consummate ease bypassing the rest of us sitting in buses, there are those who drive full speed into lanes meant for buses near Guttahalli and always escape being crushed into pulp.... every single time.

Where are the rules, where are pedestrian flyovers, where are we all going. Every single day of the past weeks that I have been here, the ambulance business seems to be thriving, with accidents galore. Driving so fast, I am scared for these drivers... for who will ferry an ambulance driver if he crashes into a negligent car... It is crazy, wherever speeds permit, people drive super-fast. Wherever speeds don't permit, scooterists still manage to drive fast.

And to top it all, I get stares from two-wheeler walas who just barely did not kill me while I was on the walker's pavement.... he who stares and usually abuses that I am in his way... Hell, he is not on my way, he is speeding on my path....

I have been getting advice while walking everyday that it is best to take a bus, I bought a pollution mask too, I don't take autos and I genuinely love buses for it feels like you are above the pollution, I love the whiffs of cold air that somehow permeates through the smog and hits those of us who feel it while standing in a cramped bus.

There are millions of single owner drivers who invariably take up a lot of space, they don't give one to the ambulances......... For those of us who like crossing streets as a thrill, the traffic comes close to that rollercoaster somewhere in Florida. It is crazy trying to cross streets..

Even if a policewala stops the traffic and imagine him standing in the centre of the street.......the moment he walks a steps to the right, the vehicles on the left try and speed up... Fuck the pedestrian trying to cross... who cares.... and if it is a matronly aunty....hell with her too....

We are manifesting our way of lives into the way we drive and I am sure to become one like them, when I get my own vehicle here... To hell with the blog post, I need to reach home fast.... Lets search for good drivers...

Comments

Popular Posts