Memories from the Past - 23rd Sugust, 2001, Thursday, 0830 hours

It is such a romantic poet's dream come true

The weather in front of me is blowing, howling and raining as hard as it can, probably as hard as it can get.

It looks so beautiful that I would rather not comment on it. As I write, the intensity is decreasing and sometimes increasing.

The drama unfolds when KD takes me outside. This is one of the rarest times when someone else has taken me. Usually, I am outside on my own. But this rainfall is something else. It is simply great. The intensity, the overwhelming qualls, the everything, the overflowing drains, the stalled Maruti cars, the poor old Bajaj's, students trying their best not to get wet yet hopelessly losing in their endeavors. The nala is losing all semblance of decency and is soon about to break all decency and lay waste the country. But strangely, this never happens.

The ground in front of the Arts college is waterlogged and ideal for some face bashing exercise and this is what Girish and me indulge in and I get completely boxed by him. Soon, we are racing along with the world and hopelessly lose out. KD meets with a dreadful accident which will probably lay him incapacitated for a week...........

Whats Happening