My family and other animals




What will the children of my sister think when they grow up. What will my niece and nephew say about us.

What about those who loved and lost. What about the ones who came for a brief while to this earth and did their best to mess up whatever little we had in terms of the natural dazzling beauty that life on earth was.

What about Nipun's child, Girish's child, Ashwin's, Rawat's - what about them. Will they blame us. I get reminded of a couplet

"If ever we knew how good we were, we would have been better today.
But in a race to catch up, we lost the will to grow up"

The children of today may not be better than us but they will inherit a world that is not better than now. And it goes without saying that here is hardly any choice that we will leave them.

Another poem comes to my mind

'"A beautiful world of bees and birds, where the deer gives a call.
The grass sways to the wind and I can see the clouds swirl.
There is beauty in everything we had,
yet we lost all that we loved.

Greed is a human vice - worse than lust, sloth or some exotic spice.
We sought to explore, we created our own demise.
The gold rush long back, the oil fields now, the mines dig deep, and hatred just seems to seep.
It is not a question of the end of the world. It is a choice of living in a green beautiful world.
Forget the children, make life better for the self. Don't carry an axe and all your vice"

I wonder what happens when the curtains fall. Will I have to lead the rest of my life in cubby-hole without a choice to breathe.

Whats Happening