I watched her pass by as I stood on the door,

 I watched her pass by as I stood on the door,

She barely cared, she merely smiled.


I knew she smiled at my pain, I knew she had a chuckle,

Yet, I could do nothing more, just stand by the door.


It was cloudy, the weather I love and she hates,

And then the sun peeped though, the weather I hate and she loves.

Her smile seemed to grow bigger, the sun made her glow.


The streets were empty, most people on a motion slow,

I sat down by the door and watched the procession grow.

She was at the head, as always, smiling but sadly now,

I think she wished that I would stand up, would follow her through.


I knew it was too late, yet I knew where she had gone.

I decided to follow them, or maybe later then.

I again stood by the door and saw the empty streets.

As if no one knew that she ever walked past,

I will visit her grave later and cry alone and without fear....

Whats Happening