There was a well ahead, glistening with sweat
It promised a better future, it promised some light as well

There was a rope and a bucket, there was some water as well
The well had everything required to make my heart throb
I saw the well from far away, I could see it glisten with sweat

The well had an issue though, the well could walk as well
As I walked below the flaming sky, the well seemed at hand
The sun created mirages, yet the well had roots that spread wide

I was almost upon it, when the roots began to shake

I reached fr the bucket, could feel the caring water on my lips
It was then that the well walked away, leaving me with the bucket unopened

It kept walking and I stood in shock "Oh my hard work has been lost"

There walks my redemption

The well stopped some distance away and beckoned me again

I stood in disbelief and held my arms high in pain

Comments

Popular Posts